Before beginning this procedure, check with your local parts supplier as to the availability of the antenna. This part may only be sold at your local Honda/Acura dealer.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Gain access to the antenna motor.
- Remove the trim panel.
- Detach the connector from the motor.
- Disconnect the antenna lead.
- Remove the antenna nut from the top of the fender.
- Remove the motor bracket nut.
- Remove the motor and antenna as an assembly.
- Remove the antenna nut spacer.
- Connect the wiring harness to the antenna assembly.
- Carefully pull out the antenna while an assistant turns on the radio.
- Carefully steer the teeth of the new antenna mast cable into the antenna housing.
- Check the engagement by gently moving the cable up and down a few times.
- Clean and lubricate the antenna mast housing threads with a light penetrating oil.
- Turn the radio switch off and let the power antenna's motor pull the cable down into the housing.
- Install the bushing, spacer, and the nut.
- The remaining steps are the reverse of the removal procedure.