REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The help of an assistant is recommended when removing or installing the hatch.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open and support the hatch.
- Remove the trim from the hatch.
- Detach the hatch trim panel by pulling the trim panel forward.
- Remove the hatch spoiler if equipped.
- Detach the connectors and remove the wiring harness.
Before removing the wiring harness, attach a string to the end of it. This will enable you to pull the harness back through upon installation.
- Remove the rear wiper motor.
- Remove the upper anchor bolts from the rear seats.
- Remove the upper quarter pillar trim panel.
- Remove the roof trim.
- Pull down the rear headliner.
Do not use excessive force when pulling down on the rear headliner, it is fragile and will break easily.
- Support the hatch, and remove the support struts.
- Remove the mounting bolts and carefully pull the hatch from the hinges.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.