REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined later in this section..
- Clean all dirt off of the fuel system connectors before removal of the fitting.
- Hold the connector with one hand, then pull the connector off with your other hand by pressing down on the retainer tabs.
See Figure 1
- Inspect the contact area of the connector for dirt and grime. If the surface is dirty, clean it. If the surface area is rusty or damaged, replace it.
See Figure 2
- To keep foreign material out of the fitting, cover the end of the line/fitting assembly with a plastic bag such as a sandwich style or locking freezer bag.
- Insert a new retainer into the connector.
See Figure 3
- Attach the connector.