REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the back-up light switch. This switch is found screwed into the housing on manual transaxles and under the gear selector on automatic transaxles.
- Remove the switch from the manual transaxle by detaching the wiring and then unscrewing it. Some fluid loss may occur, so have a drain pan ready.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, remove the gear selector's console cover and detach the wiring from the switch. Then unbolt the switch and remove it from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. On vehicles with manual transaxle, make sure to install a new washer on the back-up light switch and check the transaxle fluid level after installation is complete.