REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the door panel.
- Remove the plastic cover from the door frame.
- Remove the power window switch from the door panel.
- Connect the power window switch to the door harness.
- Fully lower the glass.
- Pull the channel guide cover off.
- Remove the screws from the channel guide.
- Remove the center channel guide (if equipped).
- Carefully remove the glass until you can see the bolts and then carefully loosen all of them.
- Slide the window track guide to the rear.
Before removing the guide pin, scribe a line around it. This will enable you to install it in the exact position it was removed in.
- Remove the glass by gently lifting it from the guide.
- The glass can now be removed by pulling it through the window slot.
Check the guide pin for wear. Replace as necessary.
- Detach the connector and remove the regulator through the hole in the door.
Scribe a line around the rear roller guide bolt. This mark will show where the original adjustment was at before you removed the component.
- Remove the power window motor from the window regulator assembly.
- Remove any clips and pull the glass run channel out.
It may be necessary to remove the glass stopper.
- Install the window motor on the regulator assembly.
As a check, you can connect a known good 12 volt power source to the window motor to check the operation of the entire assembly. The regulator should operate with a steady, consistent motion in either direction.
- Install the glass run channel into the door as shown.
- Install the regulator.
- Install the glass.
- Install the center channel guide.
- Move the glass up and down to ensure free movement.
- Attach the door wiring harness to the door.
- Disconnect the window switch (on power controlled models) and install it into the door panel.
- The remainder of the installation process is the reverse of removal.