REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The fuel pressure regulator keeps a constant fuel pressure to the fuel injectors. When the manifold pressure and fuel pressure vary more than 43 psi (294 kPa) the diaphragm is pushed upward causing the excess fuel to be fed back into the fuel tank through a return line.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Unfasten the two fuel pressure regulator retaining bolts.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator and the O-rings. Discard the O-rings.
- Lubricate the new O-rings with a light engine oil.
- Position a new O-rings onto the fuel pressure regulator.
- Place the fuel pressure regulator into position and install the retainers.
- Attach the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine at idle for 2 minutes, then turn the engine OFF and check for fuel leaks and proper operation.