REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The control arms are not interchangeable. Note the paint markings.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Lift and properly support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire assembly.
- Remove the Antilock Brake System (ABS) sensor wire.
- Remove the hub assembly to lower control arm bolt.
- On the Integra, remove the shock to lower control arm bolt.
- Remove the lower control arm to frame bolt(s)
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Have the vehicle's alignment checked and adjusted, if necessary.
Control Arm Bushing ReplacementSee Figure 2
- Remove the control arm from the vehicle.
- Mark on the machined surface of the lower arm to show where the bushing is in line with the gaps on the inter ring.
- Place the control arm on the press with the machined surface facing down.
- Adjust the press so that the bushing driver matches the inner diameter of the bushing hole, then tighten the socket bolt securely.
- Position the bushing driver on the bushing.
- Apply pressure and remove the bushing.
- Position the lower arm bushing by aligning the gap of the bushing with the mark on the control arm.
- Install the control arm in the vehicle.