REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug (ignition) wires from the cap.
- Remove the distributor cap attaching bolts.
- Remove the Allen bolt, attaching the rotor to the shaft.
Inspect the distributor cap to housing seal for damage and/or cracks.To install:
- Install the rotor onto the distributor and tighten the Allen bolt.
- Install the distributor cap and tighten the attaching bolts..
- Connect the spark plug cables, following the identification marks made at disassembly.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
Inspect the distributor cap for cracks or burned electrodes. Inspect the rotor for cracks or a burned electrode. Replace if defective.