The recommended change interval for the fuel filter on all models is 60,000 miles (96,000 km) under normal service. Severe service will require more frequent changing of the fuel filter.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Many Acura models are equipped with a theft deterrent audio system. Make sure you have the necessary code before disconnecting the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined in Fuel System of this repair guide.
On 2.2L and 3.0L engines you may have to remove the engine wire harness bracket and power steering feed hose clamp.
- Wrap a shop towel around the fittings and, using a proper flare nut wrench, slowly loosen the fuel line fittings.
See Figure 1
- Remove the banjo bolts from the fuel lines.
- Remove the fuel filter clamp retaining bolt and the clamp.
- Remove the filter from the vehicle.
A through cleaning of the high pressure hoses is recommended before installation.To install:
- Install the new filter and tighten the clamp mounting bolt to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Attach the banjo fittings with new washers in place.
- Tighten the banjo fitting bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
On 2.2L and 3.0L engines you may have to reconnect the engine wire harness bracket and power steering feed hose clamp.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and thoroughly check for leaks.