Removal & Installation
Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if brake fluid gets on the paint, wash it off immediately with water. Take care not to damage or deform the brake lines during removal and installation.
To prevent the brake fluid from flowing, plug and cover the hose ends and joints with a shop towel or equivalent material.
- Pull up the lock (B) of the ABS control unit 31P connector (C), then disconnect the connector.
- Disconnect the six brake lines.
- Remove the two 8mm nuts.
Remove the ABS modulator-control unit (A).
- Install the ABS modulator-control unit, then tighten the two 8mm nuts.
- Align the connecting surface of the ABS control unit 31P connector.
- Push in the lock of the ABS control unit 31P connector until you hear it click into place, then connect the connector.
- Bleed the brake system, starting with the front wheels.
- Start the engine, and check that the ABS indicator goes off.
- Test-drive the vehicle, and check that the ABS indicator does not come on.