The reservoir on the master cylinder must be at the MAX (upper) level mark at the start of the bleeding procedure and checked after bleeding each brake caliper. Add fluid as required.
- Make sure the brake fluid level in the reservoir is at the MAX (upper) level line.
- Slide a piece of clear plastic hose over the first bleed screw, and submerge the other end in a container of new brake fluid.
- Have someone slowly pump the brake pedal several times, then apply steady pressure.
- Loosen the left-front brake bleed screw to allow air to escape from the system. Then tighten the bleed screw securely.
- Repeat the procedure for each wheel in the sequence shown below until air bubbles no longer appear in the fluid.
Refill the master cylinder reservoir to the MAX (upper) level line.