Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle and install in a strut spring compressor. Compress the spring until the end of the spring comes away from the spring seat.
- Remove the upper strut mount, spring seat and related components.
- Remove the coil spring from the strut spring compressor.
Use a new self-locking nut.
- Compress the spring and position the strut so that the end of the spring aligns with the notch in the spring seat.
- Install the upper strut mounting components and tighten the nut to 33 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Install the strut to the vehicle.
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.