The wheel bearings are sealed units and are not adjustable.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Press the hub out of the wheel bearing.
If necessary, press the inner bearing race off of the hub.
Use a new ball joint nut, split pin, snapring and spindle nut for assembly.
- Press the bearing into the steering knuckle and install the snapring.
- Install the splash guard.
- Press the hub into the bearing.
Install or connect the following:
Steering knuckle. Tighten the ball joint nut to 43-51 ft. lbs. (59-69 Nm) and the damper flange bolts to 116 ft. lbs. (157 Nm).
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.