Removal & Installation
Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts. If the glove box swings down without any support, the hinges can be overextended and damaged. To prevent damage to glove box hinge, use a piece of foam or a bundle of shop towels to support it.
Remove the glove box, as follows:
- While holding the glove box, remove the glove box stop on each side, then detach the lock from the damper.
- Remove the bolts, then remove the glove box.
- Remove the bolts, then remove the damper.
- If necessary, detach the wire connectors.
Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the recirculation control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the recirculation control motor from the blower unit.
- Install the motor in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the pin on the motor is properly engaged with the linkage. After installation, make sure the motor runs smoothly.
- Install the glove box in the reverse order of removal.