- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the drivers side dashboard lower cover and disconnect the PGM-FI main relay.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
Start the engine and let it stall.
NOTEA temporary code may be set during this procedure and the codes must be cleared after repairs are completed.
- Turn the ignition OFF .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the quick connect fitting cover.
- Place a shop towel over the quick connect fitting and disconnect the fitting.
- After the pressure is release, reconnect the fitting and install the cover.
- After repairs are complete install the relay and connect the negative battery cable.