The Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) must be disarmed before performing service procedures around the air bag or SRS wiring. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SRS repairs and/or personal injury.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the steering wheel so the vehicle's wheels are pointing straight ahead.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key.
- Remove the AIR BAG fuse from the fuse block.
- Remove the left sound insulator.
- Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) clip from the yellow 2-way connector at the base of the steering column, and detach the connector. If equipped with a passenger's side air bag, remove the CPA and detach the yellow 2-way connector from the passenger air bag lead.