Removal & Installation
- Lubricate the IAC valve O-ring (3) with clean engine oil.
- Install the IAC valve assembly (2).
- Install the IAC valve attaching screws (1). Tighten the screws to 27 inch lbs. (3.0 Nm).
- Reconnect the IAC connector.
- Use the following procedure to reset the IAC valve pintle position.
- Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
- Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds.
- Start the engine and verify the correct idle operation.
- Remove the idle air control (IAC) valve connector.
Remove the IAC valve attaching screws (1).
NOTEIf the IAC valve has been in service: DO NOT push or pull on the IAC valve pintle. The force required to move the pintle may damage the threads on the worm drive. Also, DO NOT soak the IAC valve in any liquid cleaner or solvent, as damage may result.
- Remove the IAC valve assembly (2).
- Clean the IAC valve O-ring sealing surface, the pintle valve seat, and the air passage.