- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right sound insulator.
- If equipped, remove the console extension.
- Remove the control assembly as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the cable from the control assembly.
- Detach the control cable from the heater module. On some vehicles it will help to use a 7mm socket to push the retaining -fingers'' on the module arm together to allow for easy release of the cable end.
- Remove the control cable from the vehicle.
- Install the control cable.
- Connect the cable to the heater module.
Attach the cable to the control assembly. If the cable does not snap in to the control assembly, do the following:
- Remove the cable end from the heater control.
- Rotate the cable -snap in'' 90°.
- Secure the cable to the heater control with a hex headed, self-tapping screw.
- Reinstall the cable. If the retaining -fingers'' are broken, break off the remaining -fingers'' and install a push-on clip.
- Install the control assembly as outlined later in this section.
- If equipped, install the console extension.
- Install the right sound insulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.