Removal & Installation
- Make sure the ignition switch is OFF .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Detach the 11-pin IDI/ICM harness connector.
Remove the four ignition system assembly-to-camshaft housing bolts.
Remove the ignition coil and module assembly from the engine.
NOTEIf the boots are difficult to remove from the spark plugs, use tool J 36011 or equivalent, to remove them. First twist and then pull upward on the retainers. Reinstall the boots and retainers on the ignition coil and module housing secondary terminals. The boots and retainers must be in place on the housing secondary terminals before ignition system assembly installation or ignition system damage may result.
- Install the spark plug boots and retainers to the housing.
Carefully aligned the boots to the spark plug terminals, while installing the ignition coil and module assembly to the engine.
NOTEThe ICM cover bolts must be installed with isolator washers and the rubber side facing down.
- Coat the threads of the retaining bolts with 1052080 or equivalent, then install them. Tighten the bolts 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Attach the 11-pin harness connector.
- Make sure the ignition switch is OFF , then connect the negative battery cable.