Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Siphon 2 / 3 of the brake fluid out of the master cylinder.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Compress the caliper piston back into the caliper bore using a large pair of pliers, C-clamp or special piston retracting tool.
Brake hose from the caliper and discard the copper washers. Plug the hose to prevent excessive fluid loss and possible fluid contamination.
- Inspect the condition of the caliper support for rust and corrosion that will hinder the travel of the caliper.
- Inspect the caliper mounting hardware. New bolts are usually recommended.
- Lubricate the mounting bushings and sleeves with silicone grease as required.
Install or connect the following:
Brake pads in the caliper
- Refill the master cylinder and bleed the brake system.
- Install the wheel assembly.
- Verify correct brake operation.