Removal & Installation
Disconnect the 12-volt battery negative terminal for two minutes after turning the Hybrid System OFF. During this period, do not open/close doors, nor step on the brake pedal.Note the location of each tube on removal to avoid mixing them up during installation.To remove brake tube, use a flare nut wrench to prevent flare nuts and brake tube from being damaged.To install, use flare nut torque wrench.Do not apply excessive impact to brake actuator, such as dropping it.Do not remove and install actuator by holding harness.After work is completed, bleed air from brake tube.If brake fluid spills on any painted surface, wash or otherwise remove it completely.Perform accumulator pressure zero down.
- Disconnect the 12-volt battery negative terminal.
Remove ABS motor relay No. 1 and No. 2.
NOTEIf the pump motor operates while air remains inside the brake actuator hose, the air will enter the actuator resulting in difficulty in bleeding the brakes.
- Relieve fuel pressure.
- Drain brake fluid.
- Remove front wiper arms.
- Remove cowl top and cowl top extension.
- Disconnect washer hose.
- Remove tower bar.
- Remove air cleaner duct and air duct hose.
- Remove fuel tube.
- Remove intake manifold assembly and place throttle body assembly aside.
- Remove brake reservoir.
Release brake actuator connector lever, then disconnect brake actuator connector in the direction of arrow as shown in "Exploded View".
Loosen brake tube flare nuts, then remove brake tubes from brake actuator.
NOTEDo not damage the brake lines.
- Remove brake actuator nuts.
- Remove brake actuator from vehicle.
- Remove bracket as necessary.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Disconnect the 12-volt battery negative terminal for two minutes after turning the Hybrid System OFF. During this period, do not open/close doors, nor step on the brake pedal.
To install, use flare nut torque wrench.
- Do not apply excessive impact to brake actuator, such as dropping it.
- Do not remove and install brake actuator by holding harness.
- After work is completed, bleed air from brake tube.
- After installing connector in the brake actuator, make sure connector is securely locked.
After erasing Brake ECU memories, perform zero adjustment of following sensors and initialization of linear solenoid valve. These procedures should be performed on a flat place.
Steering angle sensor.