Steering Control Unit
Before beginning service, thoroughly review ALL of the High Voltage (HV) system and general precautions at the beginning of this section. Failure to do so can result in serious personal injury or death.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the front wiper arm cover and wiper assembly.
- Remove the cowl top weatherstrip.
- Remove the cowl top end caps.
- Remove the cowl top finisher assembly.
- Disconnect washer hose.
- Remove strut brace.
- Remove the wiper motor and connecting rod assembly.
- Remove the left cowl extension.
- Remove air cleaner duct, blow-by hose and air cleaner duct hose.
- Disconnect the MAF sensor connector.
- Remove the fuse and fusible link box.
- Disconnect harness clips.
Disconnect the EPS DC/DC converter connector (2), EPS sensor connector (3), and EPS motor connector (4) from the EPS ECU (1).
NOTEFor EPS DC/DC converter connector (2) and EPS motor connector (4), perform the following:
Pull lock plate (5) up until it stops.
- Remove the EPS control unit nut and bolts and EPS control unit.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure