- Remove the heater and cooling unit assembly, as outlined in this section.
Remove the expansion valve.
WARNINGCap or wrap the joint of the pipe with suitable material such as vinyl tape to avoid the entry of air.
- Remove the blower unit.
- Remove the heater and cooling unit foot duct RH.
- Remove the air mix door motor RH.
- Remove the evaporator cover.
Remove the evaporator. Matchmark and remove the intake sensor.
NOTEMark the mounting position of the intake sensor.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Tighten the expansion valve mounting bolts to 26-44 inch lbs. (2.9-5.0 Nm).
- Replace the O-rings with new ones, then apply compressor oil to them when installing them.