Removal & Installation
Nissan Altima 2007-2008
- Raise and safely support vehicle and remove front wheels.
- Remove mounting nuts on upper end of stabilizer bar links.
- Remove stabilizer clamp bolts and remove stabilizer from the vehicle.
- When installing, make sure the open bolt hole in the clamps are towards the front of the vehicle. Make sure the cut surface of the bushing faces the rear.
- Torque the clamp bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and the stabilizer bar links to 58 ft. lbs. (79 Nm).
Nissan Altima 2009-2010
- Remove steering gear.
Remove mounting nuts on upper portion of stabilizer connecting rod.
- Remove stabilizer clamp bolts.
- Remove stabilizer from the vehicle.
- Check stabilizer, connecting rod, bushing and clamp for deformation, cracks and damage, and replace if necessary.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Refer to "Exploded View" for tightening torque.
When installing stabilizer, make sure that the clamps are facing in the direction shown.
- Make sure the cut surface of the bushing faces the rear.
Stabilizer uses pillow ball type connecting rod. Position ball joint with case on pillow ball head parallel to stabilizer.