Removal & Installation
Before beginning service, thoroughly review ALL of the High Voltage (HV) system and general precautions at the beginning of this section. Failure to do so can result in serious personal injury or death.
- Verify if the high voltage system needs to be disabled. Refer to High-Voltage (HV) System precautions in this section.
- Remove trunk side finisher (RH).
Loosen battery terminal nuts (A), and disconnect both battery cables from battery terminals.
WARNINGWhen disconnecting, ALWAYS disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal first.
- Remove the battery ventilation tube (D).
Remove battery frame nuts (B) and battery frame (C).
- Remove battery.
Installation is the reverse order of removal, noting the following:
- Tighten the battery frame nut to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
Tighten the battery terminal nut to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
WARNINGWhen connecting, ALWAYS connect the battery cable to the positive terminal first.
- Reset electronic systems as necessary.