Removal & Installation
Before beginning service, thoroughly review ALL of the High Voltage (HV) system and general precautions at the beginning of this section. Failure to do so can result in serious personal injury or death.
- Drain the coolant from the inverter cooling system, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the inverter cover.
- Remove the air cleaner and air duct.
- Remove the nuts and bolts from the upper center bracket.
- Remove the inverter upper center bracket.
- Remove the hoses and bolts from the inverter cooling reservoir tank.
- Remove the inverter cooling reservoir tank from the vehicle
- Disconnect the MG1 and MG2 connectors from the inverter as follows:
- Remove the MG1 and MG2 harness clips from the bracket and set the MG1 and MG2 harness aside.
- Remove the coolant hoses from the inverter.
- Remove the upper RH bracket bolt and bracket from the inverter.
- Remove the terminal cover bolt and terminal cover from the inverter.
- Disconnect the electric compressor inverter connector (1) from the inverter (4).
Remove the frame wire inverter connector bolt (2) and disconnect the frame wire inverter connector (3) from the inverter (4).
Disconnect the engine room harness connector (1) from the inverter (2). (EGI harness connector (3), A: Locked position, B: Unlocked position):
- Lift up and swing the connector lock lever (1) to unlock the connector.
- Pull up on the engine room harness connector (2) to disconnect it from the inverter (3).
- Remove the engine room harness clip from the bracket and set the engine room harness aside.
Disconnect the EGI harness connector (3) from the inverter (2).
- Remove the inverter nuts.
- Remove the inverter from the vehicle.
Remove any necessary brackets from the inverter.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal, noting the following:
When installing the inverter, lower RH bracket, lower LH bracket, rear LH bracket, rear RH bracket and upper LH bracket should be attached to the inverter in advance.
- When tightening bolts, perform the following procedure: