Nissan Altima 2007-2010
- Remove the engine and transaxle as an assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the transaxle.
- Remove the harness from the transaxle assembly.
- Remove the transaxle to engine and engine to transaxle bolts.
- Separate the transaxle assembly from the engine.
If necessary, remove the following from the transaxle assembly:
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal after the following.
Be sure the grommet is installed flush with the flange plane as shown prior to mating the engine and transaxle.
CAUTIONDo not use lubricating oil for lubricant.
NOTEBe careful that the edge does not protrude from the socket.
When replacing the PNP switch, replace the manual lever with new manual lever for transfer the manual lever from the old PNP switch to the new PNP switch. The manual lever must have a rectangular hole as shown for proper operation of the transaxle.
- Torque Bolt Nos. 1 and 7 to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm). Torque Bolt Nos. 2, 3 and 6 to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm). Torque Bolt Nos. 4 and 5 to 31 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- After completing installation, check for fluid leakage, fluid level, and the positions of the transaxle.