Nissan Altima 2007-2008
Refer to Engine Removal & Installation in the Engine Mechanical Section.
Nissan Altima 2009-2010
Remove the engine and transaxle as an assembly.
CAUTIONDo not depress clutch pedal during removal procedure.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the following:
Back-up lamp switch
- Remove the harness from the transaxle.
- Remove the starter motor.
- Remove the transaxle to engine and engine to transaxle bolts.
- Separate the transaxle from the engine.
If necessary remove the following:
Air breather hose
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- If transaxle is removed from the vehicle, always replace CSC.
- When installing the transaxle assembly to the engine, install the bolts following the standard below.
- For 2.5L engine, install bolts in the following locations:
- Torque Bolt A to 26 ft. lbs. 35 Nm). Tighten Bolts B and C to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm). Torque Bolts D and E to 31 ft. lbs. ( 43 Nm). Tighten Bolt F to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- For 3.5L engine, install bolts in the following locations:
Torque Bolts A and B to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm). Tighten Bolts C to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
CAUTIONWhen installing transaxle assembly do not bring transaxle input shaft into contact with clutch cover.
- Bleed the air from the clutch hydraulic system.
- After installation, check oil level, and check for leaks and loose mechanisms.