- On pedal type parking brake, fully loosen cable adjusting nut above the pedal.
- On lever type parking brake, pull the brake lever up to access adjusting nut hole below the handle.
- Insert a deep socket onto adjusting nut, fully loosen the brake cable, then lower parking brake lever.
- Securely depress the foot brake 10 times to activate the brake shoe self-adjusters.
- Adjust brake shoes if necessary. Rotate brake drum to make sure that there is no drag.
If the parking brake cable has been replaced, operate parking brake hard 10 times to se
- Pull the lever up to access adjusting nut hole below grip.
- Rotate adjusting nut to adjust parking brake lever stroke using a deep socket wrench.
- Lower the handle, then pull it up with a force of 44 lbs. (196 N) and make sure full stroke is 8-9 clicks. Adjust cable nut again if necessary.
- Make sure that there is no drag on rear brake with parking brake lever completely released.