- Run engine until the fluid temperature reaches 50 to 80° C (122 to 176°F) in reservoir tank, and keep engine speed idle.
- Turn steering wheel several times from full left stop to full right stop.
Hold steering wheel at each lock position for five seconds and carefully, check for fluid leakage.
WARNINGDo not hold the steering wheel in a locked position for more than 10 seconds. There is the possibility that oil pump may be damaged.
- If fluid leakage at connections is noticed, then loosen flare nut and then retighten. Do not overtighten connector as this can damage O-ring, washer and connector.
- Check steering gear boots for accumulation of fluid indicating leaks in the steering gear.
- Check steering fluid level.