Removal & Installation
Nissan Altima 2007-2008
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and remove the rear wheels.
- Fasten disc rotor in place using wheel nut.
- Open the bleeder to drain brake fluid from the caliper.
- Remove union bolt and then disconnect brake hose from caliper assembly.
- Remove torque member bolts, and remove brake caliper assembly. Do not drop brake pads.
- Put match marks on wheel hub assembly and disc rotor and remove disc rotor if necessary.
- Install disc rotor with match marks aligned.
- Before installing caliper assembly, clean oil and moisture from all mounting surfaces of caliper assembly and threads, bolts and washers.
- Install brake caliper assembly vehicle and tighten torque member mounting bolts to 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm).
- Install brake hose with new sealing washers and tighten union bolt to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Refill with new brake fluid and bleed the system.
- Check rear disc brake for drag, adjust parking brake as necessary.
Nissan Altima 2009-2010
- Remove rear wheel and tires.
- Fasten disc rotor using a wheel nut.
- Drain brake fluid.
Remove union bolt and then disconnect brake hose from caliper. Discard the copper washers.
Remove the two torque member bolts, and then remove the torque member, caliper and pads as an assembly.
CAUTIONDo not drop the brake pad and multilayered shim assemblies.
- Remove the two sliding pin bolts and separate the caliper from the torque member.
- Remove the brake pad and multilayered shim assemblies from the caliper.
Remove the disc rotor.
CAUTIONPut matching marks on wheel hub assembly and disc rotor, if it necessary to reuse the disc rotor.
Install the disc rotor.
CAUTIONAlignment marks of disc rotor and wheel hub put at the time of removal when reusing disc rotor.
- Install the brake pad and multilayered shim assemblies on the caliper.
- Install the caliper and pad assembly on the torque member, then tighten the two sliding pin bolts to the specified torque.
Install the torque member, pads and brake caliper assembly, and tighten the torque member bolts (A) to the specified torque.
CAUTIONBefore installing wipe off all oil and moisture on all mating surfaces of rear axle and torque member, threads, bolts and washers.
Align the L-shaped pin on the brake hose in the hole in the caliper, then install the brake hose with new copper washers and tighten the union bolt to the specified torque.
CAUTIONDo not reuse copper washers.
- Refill with new brake fluid and bleed air.
- Check rear disc brake for drag.
- Install rear wheel and tires.