Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the exhaust pipe and muffler(s).
- Remove the brake calipers without disconnecting the hydraulic hoses and hang them from the body
- Remove brake rotors.
- Disconnect the parking brake cables.
- Remove wheel speed sensors.
- Remove lower shock absorber nuts.
- Support the rear lower link with jack.
Remove the rear lower link adjusting bolt and nut from the suspension member side.
NOTEDo not reuse the adjusting nut, use a new adjusting nut for installation.
- Slowly lower the jack to lower the rear lower link and coil spring.
- Remove lower control arm link adjusting bolt and arm.
- Remove upper ball joint nut and cotter pin.
- Disconnect radius rod member side.
- Disconnect lower link adjusting bolt.
- Remove knuckle.
- Remove stabilizer bar.
- Remove member harness.
- Remove the suspension member nuts and member stay bolts.
- Use the jack to support and lower the rear suspension assembly for removal.
- Carefully raise the assembly into place with a jack
- Start all the suspension member nuts and member stay bolts. When they-re all started, torque as indicated.
- Install member harness.
- Install stabilizer bar.
- Install knuckle.
Install the lower.
Check that the projecting part inside the upper rubber seat and the bracket flange are properly engaged.
- Fit the spring and lower link into place supported on a jack.
Carefully raise the jack to install the bolts. Install all bolts before tightening any of them, and be sure to install a new adjusting nut.
NOTEDo not reuse the adjusting nut, use a new adjusting nut for member side.
- Install the remaining components and check the rear wheel alignment