Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure coolant escaping from the radiator, condenser and liquid tank assembly.
Perform when the engine cold.
- Drain the engine coolant from radiator, condenser and liquid tank assembly.
- Remove air cleaner assembly.
- Remove engine room cover.
- Disconnect the upper radiator, condenser and liquid tank assembly hose, heater pipe, electric throttle control actuator inlet hose, oil cooler hose and heater hoses.
- Remove the engine coolant temperature sensor.
- Remove the engine coolant outlet.
Remove the water control valve.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Install the engine coolant temperature sensor.
NOTEUse Genuine RTV Silicone Sealant or equivalent.
- Install the water control valve with the whole circumference of the flange part fitting securely inside the rubber ring.
- Install the water control valve with the up-mark facing up and the frame center part facing upwards. The position deviation may be within the range of ±10°.
- Use a new gasket and O-ring for installation.