The driver supplies the torque requirements for the engine by operating the accelerator pedal in accordance with the desired speed or acceleration. The pedal sensor converts the mechanical operation of the pedal into an electrical signal and sends the information to the PCM. The PCM adjusts the quantity of the fuel that is injected into the engine.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Disconnect electrical connectors, if equipped with adjustable pedals remove the adjuster cable at accelerator adjuster motor.
- Remove 3 mounting nuts.
- Remove pedal assembly.
- Install the pedal assembly to mounting studs.
- Install the mounting nuts.
- Tighten the assembly mounting nuts.
- Connect the electrical harness connector to the assembly.
- Turn the ignition off.
- Disconnect the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor connector.
- Turn the ignition on.
- Measure the voltage of the F855 (Pin 6) 5 Volt Supply circuit in the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor harness connector.
- Measure the voltage of the F856 (Pin 1) 5 Volt Supply circuit in the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor harness connector.
- The voltage readings for both circuits should be above 4.5 volts.
If the readings are not as stated, check for an open or shorted circuit