Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the axle with a suitable holding fixture.
- Remove the lower shock bolt.
- Remove the bell crank bolt from the rear axle.
- Lower the jack to remove the spring and isolator from the vehicle.
All fastener tightening should be made with the full vehicle weight on the ground being supported by the tires.
- Position spring to the vehicle on top of the isolator.
- Align the springs to the spring pockets.
- Raise the rear axle into place.
- Install the bell crank bolt to the rear axle. Tighten to 185 ft. lbs. (251 Nm).
- Install the lower shock bolts to the rear axle. Tighten to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm).
- Remove the holding fixture for the rear axle.