ABS system bleeding requires conventional bleeding methods plus use of the DRB scan tool. The procedure involves performing a base brake bleeding, followed by use of the scan tool to cycle and bleed the HCU pump and solenoids. A second base brake bleeding procedure is then required to remove any air remaining in the system.
- Perform base brake bleeding. Refer to the appropriate section.
- Connect the scan tool to the data link connector beneath the dashboard.
- Select "Anti-lock Brakes" followed by "Miscellaneous", then "Bleed Brakes". Follow the instructions displayed until the unit displays "Test Complete", then disconnect the scan tool and proceed.
- Perform a base brake bleeding a second time.
- Top up the master cylinder.