Removal & Installation
On some models a control panel located at the rear of the center floor console allows intermediate seat passengers to adjust rear air distribution, temperature and blower motor speed when the center control knob on the front A/C heater control is set to the Rear position.
The rear A/C heater control cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, must be replaced. The illumination lamp and the control knobs are available for service replacement. After installation the new control panel must be calibrated using a scan tool.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a small screwdriver or similar flat blade tool, gently push down on the clip retainer located at each top corner of the rear A/C-heater control. Rotate the top of rear A/C-heater control downwards to release the two bottom retaining tabs from the slots in the center floor console.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the rear A/C-heater control.
Remove the rear A/C-heater control from the vehicle.
- Connect the harness connector to the back of the rear A/C heater control.
- Insert the two locator tabs on the bottom of the rear A/C heater control into the two slots on the bottom edge of the floor console opening.
- Rotate the rear A/C heater control forward far enough to align the two snap clips on the top of the rear A/C heater control with the receptacles in the top edge of the floor console opening.
- Using hand pressure, press the top edge of the rear A/C heater control forward until the two snap clips are fully seated in into the receptacles.
Reconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEAfter installation the new control panel must be calibrated using a scan tool.