Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Install prop rod on the brake pedal to keep pressure on the brake system.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Compress the disc brake caliper.
- Remove the banjo bolt and discard the copper washers.
- Remove the caliper slide pin bolts.
- Remove the disc brake caliper from the caliper adapter.
Install a new copper washers on the banjo bolt when installing
Install the disc brake caliper on the brake caliper adapter.
CAUTIONVerify brake hose is not twisted or kinked before tightening fitting bolt.
- Install the banjo bolt with new copper washers on the caliper. Tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm)
- Install the caliper slide pin bolts. Tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Remove the prop rod.
- Bleed the base brake system.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.