Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Support the lower control arm outboard end.
- Remove the upper shock bolt and nut.
- Remove the stabilizer link lower nut and then separate the stabilizer link from the lower control arm to gain access to the lower shock bolt.
- Remove the lower shock bolt.
- Remove the shock.
- Install the upper part of the shock into the frame bracket.
- Install the nut and bolt. Tighten to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm).
- Install the lower part of the shock into the lower control arm and Tighten the bolt to 81 Nm (60 ft. lbs.).
- Install the stabilizer link lower nut to the lower control arm.
- Remove the support from the lower control arm outboard end.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the support and lower the vehicle.