These models utilize a hub/bearing assembly which is not adjustable.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper and rotor.
- Remove the ABS wheel speed sensor if equipped,
Remove the halfshaft nut, (4WD only).
NOTEDo not strike the knuckle with a hammer to remove the tie rod end or the ball joint. Damage to the steering knuckle will occur.
- Remove the tie rod end nut and separate the tie rod from the knuckle.
- Remove the upper ball joint nut and separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle.
- Pull down on the steering knuckle to separate the halfshaft from the hub/bearing, (4WD).
- Remove the three hub/bearing mounting bolts from the steering knuckle.
- Slide the hub/bearing out of the steering knuckle.
Remove the brake dust shield.
- Install the brake dust shield.
- Install the hub/bearing into the steering knuckle and tighten the bolts to 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm).
- Install the brake rotor and caliper.
- Install the ABS wheel speed sensor if equipped.
- Install the upper ball joint nut to the steering knuckle and tighten to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the tie rod end nut to the steering knuckle and tighten to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).
- Install the halfshaft nut and tighten to 185 ft. lbs. (251 Nm) (4WD only).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the support and lower vehicle.