Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain and remove fuel tank.
- Note rotational position of module before attempting removal. An indexing arrow is located on top of module for this purpose.
- Position Special Tool 9340 into notches on outside edge of lockring.
- Install 1 / 2 inch drive breaker bar to tool 9340.
- Rotate breaker bar counter-clockwise to remove lockring.
- Remove lockring. The module will spring up slightly when lockring is removed.
Remove module from fuel tank. Be careful not to bend float arm while removing.
- Using a new seal (gasket), position fuel pump module into opening in fuel tank.
- Position lockring over top of fuel pump module.
- Rotate module until embossed alignment arrow points to center alignment mark. This step must be performed to prevent float from contacting side of fuel tank. Also be sure fuel fitting on top of pump module is pointed to driver-s side of vehicle.
- Install Special Tool 9340 to lockring.
- Install 1 / 2 inch drive breaker (1) into Special Tool 9340.
- Tighten lockring (clockwise) until all seven notches have engaged.
- Install fuel tank.