Power Window System
Diagnosis & Testing
Any diagnosis of the Power Windows system should begin with the use of scan tool. For information on the use of the scan tool, refer to the appropriate Diagnostic Service information.
- Turn the ignition on.
- With the scan tool, record and erase DTC's.
- Turn the ignition off, wait 10 seconds then turn the ignition on.
- Try to operate the window several times.
- With the scan tool, read active DTC's.
- Refer to the symptom list for problems related to the power window DTC's.
Refer to the Power Door Lock Switch removal and installation procedure.Window Motor & Regulator
- Remove the door panel. Refer to the Power Door Lock procedures.
- Carefully detach the water shield from the door; this will be reused upon installation.
- Support the window to prevent it from moving downwards.
- Remove the bolts that secure the regulator to the window.
- Unplug the harness from the window motor.
- Remove the fasteners securing the regulator and motor assembly to the door, then remove it from the vehicle.
- If necessary to replace the motor, remove the screws, then remove it from the regulator.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the fasteners to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).