Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Install prop rod on the brake pedal to keep pressure on the brake system.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Drain small amount of fluid from master cylinder brake reservoir with suction gun.
- Remove the brake hose banjo bolt if replacing caliper.
- Remove the caliper mounting slide pin bolts.
- Remove the caliper from vehicle.
- Install caliper to the caliper adapter.
- Coat the caliper mounting slide pin bolts with silicone grease. Then install and tighten the bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the brake hose banjo bolt and new copper seal washers if caliper was removed.
Install the brake hose to the caliper with and tighten fitting bolt to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
CAUTIONVerify brake hose is not twisted or kinked before tightening fitting bolt.
- Remove the prop rod from the vehicle.
- Bleed the base brake system.
- Install the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Verify a firm pedal before moving the vehicle.