Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Remove both front wiper arms from the wiper pivots.
- Remove the cowl plenum cover/grille panel from over the front wiper module.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the front wiper motor connector.
Disengage the socket bushing of the right wiper drive link from the ball stud on the wiper motor crank arm using two large screwdrivers, one on each side of the ball stud. Pry between the crank arm and the metal portion of the drive link until the socket unsnaps from the ball.
WARNINGDo not apply pressure to, or pry on, the plastic drive link bushing. When removing the drive link from, or installing the drive link to the ball stud on the wiper motor crank arm, apply pressure to, or pry on, only the metal portions of the drive link around the bushing. If the bushing is damaged, the entire front wiper module MUST be replaced.
- Remove the sleeve bushing of the left wiper drive link from the ball stud on the wiper motor crank arm.
- While supporting the wiper motor from the underside of the wiper module bracket, remove the three screws that secure the motor to the bracket.
Remove the wiper motor and crank arm unit from the underside of the module bracket.
WARNINGDo not remove the crank arm nut from the wiper motor output shaft. The crank arm is indexed to the output shaft with the motor in the park position during the manufacturing process, but there are no provisions made for correctly indexing this connection in the field. If the crank arm to output shaft indexing is incorrect, the entire front wiper module MUST be replaced.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.