Removal & Installation
Remove the fuel pipe shield (3) from the frame bracket (2) by removing the 2 nuts (4).
NOTEThoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EHCU (1). The area around the EHCU (1) MUST be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled ABS components.
- Disconnect the 2 electrical harness connectors from the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM).
- Tag (number) the brake lines for proper reassembly.
- Disconnect brake lines from the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV).
- Slide the EHCU (1) off of the frame bracket (2).
- Remove 2 bolts (4) securing the BPMV mounting bracket (3) to the BPMV (5).
- Disconnect the 2-way ABS pump motor connector.
Remove the 4 T-25 Torx® bolts (1) from the EBCM (2).
WARNINGDo not use a tool to pry the EBCM or the BPMV. Excessive force will damage the EBCM.
Remove the EBCM (2) from the BPMV (5). Removal may require a light amount of force.
- Do not reuse the EBCM mounting bolts. Always install new bolts.
- Clean the EBCM to BPMV mounting surfaces with a clean cloth.
Install EBCM (2) onto BPMV (5).
WARNINGUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
WARNINGDo not reuse the old mounting bolts. Always install new bolts with the new BPMV.
Install the 4 EBCM bolts (1).
- Tighten the 4 bolts to 39 inch lbs. (5 Nm) in an X-pattern.
- Connect the 2-way ABS pump motor connector to the EBCM.
Install the BPMV (5) to the BPMV mounting bracket (3) with the 2 bolts (4).
Slide the EHCU (1) back onto the frame bracket (2).
NOTEThe brake lines are held in the proper place by a frame mounted plastic bracket. Make sure that the brake lines stay in the correct place for proper reassembly.
Install the 5 brake lines to the EHCU (1).
- Tighten the brake line fittings to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Connect the 2 electrical harness connectors to the EBCM (1).
- Secure the module (1) to the frame bracket (3) and fuel pipe shield (2) with the 2 nuts (4).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Use the scan tool to check and clear DTC memory.