Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove air intake assembly.
- Remove accessory belt.
- Remove heater hose brace, if necessary.
- Disconnect wires.
- Remove mounting bolts.
- Remove alternator.
- Install alternator and loosely install the mounting bolts.
- Tighten the rear bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and the front bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Tighten the brace-to-alternator and brace-to-intake retainers to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Tighten the brace-to-engine stud nut to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Connect wires and the battery feed wire nut and tighten to 89 inch lbs.
- Install heater hose bracket.
- Install accessory belt.
- Install air intake assembly.
- Connect negative battery cable.