- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- To check the disc run-out, perform the following procedures:
To check the disc parallelism, perform the following procedures:
- Using a micrometer, check the disc thickness at 4 locations around the disc, at the same distance from the edge.
- The thickness should not vary more than 0.0005 in. (0.013mm). If the readings are excessive, recondition or replace the disc.
- The surface finish must be relatively smooth to avoid pulling and erratic performance, also, to extend the lining life. Light rotor surface scoring of up to 0.015 in. (0.38mm) in depth, can be tolerated. If the scoring depths are excessive, refinish or replace the rotor.