Removal & Installation
- Make sure ignition switch in I the OFF position.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor. Do not disconnect the ignition wires from distributor cap.
Line up the square-cut hole in the vane wheel with the pick-up coil.
Remove the 2 screws that hold the pick-up coil.
- Discard the screws.
- Remove the pick-up coil.
- Line up the square-cut hole in the vane wheel for the pick-up coil.
- Insert the sensor into the housing.
- Install two new screws for the camshaft position (CMP) sensor and tighten the screws to 19 inch lbs. (2.2 Nm).
- Install the distributor cap and rotor.
- Install the engine cover.
- With the ignition key OFF , remove the console cover, distributor cap, rotor and disconnect the pickup coil-to-module wire harness.
- Connect an ohmmeter from the distributor housing to one pickup lead. The reading should be infinite at all times.
- Connect an ohmmeter to both pickup coil wire terminals. The reading should be steady at one value within 500-1500 ohms. If not replace the pickup coil.