Removal & Installation
Left Side Exhaust Manifold
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
To aid the exhaust manifold installation, the tabs on a new manifold gasket will hold the gasket and bolts in place.
- Using a plastic scraper, clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
- Install new gaskets, spark plug wire shield and bolts to the manifold, making sure the bolts are held in place by the gasket tabs.
Install or connect the following:
Exhaust manifold. Tighten the bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm), then to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
NOTETighten the 2 rear bolts through the engine cover opening and the front 4 bolts through the wheelhouse.
Spark plug wires
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Once the engine has cooled sufficiently, install the engine cover to the passenger compartment.