Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Any time the transmission and the engine oil pan are off of the engine at the same time, install the transmission before the oil pan. This is to allow for the proper oil pan alignment. Failure to achieve the correct oil pan alignment can result in transmission failure.
- Clean all sealing surfaces on the engine and the oil pan.
- Install oil pan to the engine.
- Install transmission to oil pan bolts and nuts. Tighten the bolts to 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Install access plugs for the oil pan rear nuts.
- Install carrier upper and lower mounting bolts and nuts (AWD only).
- Install inner axle shaft housing support bracket to frame washers and nuts (AWD only).
- Install transmission cover. Tighten the bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install starter motor.
- Install bolt holding the bracket for the starter wiring harness and the transmission cooler pipes. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install CKP sensor wiring harness in the retainer.
- Install oil filter adapter.
- Install oil cooler pipes bracket bolt. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install oil filter.
- Install oil pan drain plug and tighten 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the crankcase with engine oil.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.