Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean all sealing surfaces on the engine and the oil pan.
- Install oil pan to the engine.
- Install transmission to oil pan bolts and nuts. Tighten the bolts to 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Install access plugs for the oil pan rear nuts.
- Install carrier upper and lower mounting bolts and nuts (AWD only).
- Install inner axle shaft housing support bracket to frame washers and nuts (AWD only).
- Install transmission cover. Tighten the bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install starter motor.
- Install bolt holding the bracket for the starter wiring harness and the transmission cooler pipes. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install CKP sensor wiring harness in the retainer.
- Install oil filter adapter.
- Install oil cooler pipes bracket bolt. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install oil filter.
- Install oil pan drain plug and tighten 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the crankcase with engine oil.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.